Subject: Re: [Leica] F5 Bag
From: Bernard <5521.g23@g23.relcom.ru>
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 1999 14:26:15 +0300

George Huczek wrote:

> At 07:10 PM 17/12/99 +0000, Johnny wrote:
> >on 17/12/99 12:18 am, Godfrey DiGiorgi at ramarren@bayarea.net wrote:
>

> >> F803 "Camera Satchel" will also fit a ton of gear with a more
> unobtrusive,
> >> 'not a camera bag' look than the F6X.
> >
> >Buying the Domke 803 is not unlike buying a leica in the first place.
> You
> >hand over an enormous wad of cash for something that looks like
> nothing, and
> >on the way home you get this terrible sinking feeling. Then you use
> the
> >bloody thing, and every tinge of regret evaporates. You just SAVED
> money, in
> >fact, because you'll never be tempted to trade up.
> >
> I looked at an F5 bag a few months ago.  It didn't appeal to me.  It
> seemed
> to lack interior padding, and the flaps seemed flopsy.  I'd like to
> know
> what it is about that bag that some find appealing.  If anyone has
> _used_
> one, what is it like fully loaded when one expects to do some walking.

The padding comes at additional charge. That's nice, because you can
choose how you're going to arrange the interior of your bag. Like the
Deadman said, they don't look like much, but they're tough as tough
gets. And the lousier it looks, the less it gets stolen (well,
theoretically, that is...)

Bernard.