Subject: Re: LUG[Leica] F5 Bag
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@neteze.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 1999 18:24:09 -0800

sometime around 12/17/99 4:14 PM, George Huczek at ghuczek@sk.sympatico.ca
was heard  to write:

> I looked at an F5 bag a few months ago.  It didn't appeal to me.  It seemed
> to lack interior padding, and the flaps seemed flopsy.  I'd like to know
> what it is about that bag that some find appealing.  If anyone has _used_
> one, what is it like fully loaded when one expects to do some walking.

There is a reason why 90 percent of the photojournalists out there (maybe
more?) use Domkes. Especially the F2. The flopsy flap is actually very good
for getting into the bag while it's hanging on your side. The material
they're made of is great for in the rain. I once fell in a river while
photographing migrating salmon, and it didn't sink down so the water went
over the top. Not a drop got inside. It's small, packs a lot of grear into a
small space and doesn't have a lot of excess bulk that takes up space, but
thigns are kept apart just fine. I keep looking for other bags, but I have
yet to find one that matches the Domke for carrying around a load of gear
all day long.

- --

Eric Welch
Carlsbad, CA
http://www.neteze.com/ewelch

"You can't cajole someone into loving you by simply being nice to be
around." - Garrison Keillor - As heard on "A Prairie Home Companion"