Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: full moon
From: John Collier <jbcollier@home.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 1999 18:51:27 -0700

The moon seems larger at the horizon as we can compare it to familiar
reference points: buildings, trees, cows... High in the sky, without
reference points, it seems to shrink. This is a psychological/optical
illusion that is easily verified by using your thumb at the end of your
extend arm as a reference point. Try covering the moon with your thumb when
the moon is low in the sky and when it is at its zenith. Alas, how life's
illusions fall away.

John Collier