Subject: Re: [Leica] Bay Area Lug/Leg impromptu yosemite trip?
From: "Tom Schofield" <tdschofield@email.msn.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 1999 16:29:11 -0800

There was an article about it in the Contra Costa Times this morning.  Last
was 133 years ago, and next is in another 100+ years.  It is the coincidence
of three things -- full moon, moon at perigee (closest to earth) and Winter
Solstice (North Pole furthest from Sun) which is close to perihiion (closest
to Sun).  How could the earth be closest to the sun in its ellitical orbit
more than once a year?  Or at Winter Solstie more than once a year?

Tom