Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: full moon
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@islandnet.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 1999 15:03:45 -0800

>On the film the size of the full moon disk (as well as the sun) is 1mm/10cm
>of focal length - so 6 mm with a 600mm lens. The height above the horizon
>has no influence.>>>>>>>

Hi Bernard,

I have to question this size at the horizon and height above the horizon
not making any difference in the size of the moon recorded and as seen by
the eye.

I guess mathimatically the size is the same, but in reality the best time
to shoot a full moon is as soon as it breaks above the horizon line or very
shortly thereafter, as that's when it "appears the biggest" making the best
photo op.

This is practical experience not technical and I tend to go with the former
not being much of a techie photographer. To me with the moon it's always
better when it's the biggest!

ted

Ted Grant
http://www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant