Subject: [Leica] Remarkably quick service
From: Jeff Moore <jbm@oven.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 1999 17:51:56 -0500

1999-12-14-15:39:06 Emanuel Lowi:
> Just wanted to put in a vote of confidence for Kindermann-Leica
> Canada's service department[...]  A 24-hour turnaround is really
> exceptional and not what I expected at all. Many thanks!

Impressive, indeed -- and not (no surprise coming) what I've
experienced with Leica's USA service folk.  To wander a bit off topic,
since it may be of interest to the assembled company, I *have*
experienced the kind of remarkable camera-company repair service
Mr. Lowi describes: from Mamiya.  They turned a pretty thoroughly
smashed Mamiya 7 and dinged-up lens around in a flash.  Charged a
couple of limbs to do it, but I was nonetheless mightily impressed.