Subject: Re: [Leica] Street photography?:)
From: "Steve LeHuray" <icommag@toad.net>
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 1999 16:11:55 -0400

Ted,
Well at least you know what you do so you can give an answer. I am so
confused about what I do that when asked that question I always answer, "A
little bit of this and a little bit of that." Which is actually true because
I am a photographer with over a 1000 photos published, a filmmaker with many
16mm TV spots under my belt, a published writer and I have lost count of
stories, plus, I am a publisher who owns his own monthly trade magazine
(subject is professional filmmaking). So I have this real problem when
somebody who does not know me ask me what I do, so, I generally try to avoid
the question. But I would like to tell you (and anybody else listening) that
in the past year I have become VERY passionate about street photography and
I can promise you all that within the next year will be publishing a book on
my work. Unlike the New York Times article of a week ago I do not believe
the genre is dead. In fact I think it is quietly growing. Both Borders and
Barnes & Noble, here in Annapolis, have doubled there shelf space for arts
type photo books. Most of them in black & white. So all you SP types just
keep on shooting.
Steve
Annapolis