Subject: [Leica] Zoom & lens tests
From: Mark Langer <mlanger@ccs.carleton.ca>
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 99 8:41:36 EST

After reading the many postings on varying lens tests, it doesn't seem
like sample variation has been brought up as a factor.  While some
manufacturers make lenses that have a more consistent standard, others do
not.  It thus comes as no surprise that, coupled with differing criteria
for testing, that various testers can come up with different results.  I
don't think that this necessarily implies bias on their part.

Secondly, for those eager to use zoom lenses on their M Leicas, I suggest
that you buy an adapter for any popular SLR lens to M mount, and use a Tewe
or other zoom accessory finder.  The option is already there.  I suspect
that few people exercise this option because it doesn't really take
advantage of what the M rangefinder does best.

Mark

Mark Langer

Email address: mlanger@ccs.carleton.ca