Subject: Re: [Leica]Leica Glass on Nikon & Canon
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@neteze.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 1999 20:27:30 -0800

sometime around 12/16/99 11:39 AM, DFStein@aol.com at DFStein@aol.com was
heard  to write:

> Look at Tamron, Tokina and Sigma.  They are producing lenses that
> compete with OEM lenses in quality, innovation-and price.

That is quite a stretch. They are neither as good, or anywhere near as
rugged as Nikon, Canon or Leica lenses. Sigmas are notorious for falling
apart with little help. You (don't) get what you (don't) pay for.

- --

Eric Welch
Carlsbad, CA
http://www.neteze.com/ewelch

Zen master to hotdog vendor. "Make me one with everything."