Subject: RE: [Leica] W. Eugene Smith
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 1999 13:06:45 -0000

If I am not mistaken, there is virtually no camera that Gene Smith DIDN'T
use, including Leica, Contax, Nikon late in his career, 21/4, 4x5, 8x10.
Again, if I am not mistaken, Smith used tools to make photographs, choosing
the best tool for each situation - rather than glom onto a particular brand
of camera...But maybe that's just further proof of how crazy he was, in
addition to being incredibly talented..;-)