Subject: RE: [Leica] Motor Driver R8
From: "Kotsinadelis, Peter (Peter)" <peterk@lucent.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 1999 07:48:51 -0800

Eric,

We are at odds.  You a devout R user I not an R user.
Therefore, let me just leave it that the Canon tested as one of the, if not
the, sharpest 20mm lenses made.  For me, I prefer the Image Stabilized
versions and a slightly longer focal length.  Have used he CANON 200mm, but
sorry to say have not used he 200mm R.
And yes you are right, with the street price of the Canon 200mm F1.8 at
$4,100, after buying the EOS-3 body, I would only save $100.

Peter K