Subject: Re: [Leica] Terrific Response
From: Martin Howard <howard.390@osu.edu>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 1999 16:32:58 -0500

John Manzione wrote:

> That's not fair... I try to do something nice, if you think we would
> profit from a $25 membership your crazy, and you call it spamming...

I don't care whether you profit from it or not.  When you say "thank you"
by inviting people to spend money on something you are selling, that's
spamming.  If you want to say "thanks", say thanks.  If you want to sell
something, mark it as such, and post it on a Friday.  Don't try to pretend
that you're doing the world a favor and being "a nice guy" by inviting to
releave others of their money.

M.

- --
Martin Howard                     |
Visiting Scholar, CSEL, OSU       |    What boots up must come down.
email: howard.390@osu.edu         |