Subject: Re: [Leica] Motor Driver R8
From: Greg Locke <locke@straylight.ca>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 1999 10:19:38 -03-30

At 07:49 AM 15/12/99 -0500, you wrote:

>The elmarit is $3055.00 and the Summicron is $5395.00.  I must really be
>under a spell because I read Erwin's report of these two babies and all of a
>sudden I'm looking at things I can sell to finance this habit.  So far
>though, my wife has drawn the line at her and the kids....

         This is no worse then Nikkor. My 200/2 (calculating for todays
prices) was in this range. I find the R lens to be reasonable priced when
compared to the high end Nikkors.... it's the M stuff I have yet to figure
out where the money goes ;^)

         I guess I size and weight still influence my thinking!!!

Greg Locke                         St. John's, Newfoundland
locke@straylight.ca              http://www.straylight.ca
Touched By Fire: doctors without borders in a third world crisis.
http://www.straylight.ca/touchedbyfire.htm
ISBN#0-7710-5305-3 McClelland & Stewart