Subject: RE: [Leica] Konica HEXAR RF Lenses reviewed in CI #220
From: "Jean-Claude Berger" <jcberger@jcberger.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 1999 22:42:24 +0100

Hello Lucien,

For the 28 mm, the Konica lens is clearly inferior. CI rates (for each aperture)
resolution with the words Weak, Average, Good, Very good, Excellent. The Hexar
lens is always one step under the Leica. Where the Elmarit is excellent-, the
Konica is very good-.

Same thing for the 50 mm but at f/2 where the center of field with the Hexar is
almost as good as with the Summicron and at f/2.8 where the two lens seem equal.

And it's more or less the same for the 90 mm.

The three Konica lenses are rated 4 stars and as is the Elmarit 28 mm. The
Summicron 50 and the Elmarit 90 are rated five stars (what CI calls an "optician
dream").

Frankly, I don't see why one would buy those lenses as they cost as much as
Mint+ second hand Leicas.... (at least in France).

All the best

- --
Jean-Claude Berger (jcberger@jcberger.com)
Systems and RDBMS consultant (MCSE)