Subject: Re: [Leica] Konica HEXAR RF Lenses reviewed in CI #220
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@neteze.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 1999 07:39:13 -0800

sometime around 12/14/99 4:50 AM, Gaifana@aol.com at Gaifana@aol.com was
heard  to write:

> "Leica, which cannot continue to capitalize indefinitely on its myth
> (certainly justified), should react, if it is not with the appearance of new
> Hexar, at least to the pressure of its more faithful aficionados. If optical
> excellence, spearhead of the German firm, is always of topicality, force is
> to note that a serious breach has just been open in Germanic hegemony. The
> more so as nothing prevents an owner of Hexar RF from assembling Leitz optics
> on its body..."

Same old camera magazine hyperbole? Have they done surveys of Leica owners?
No. What do they know. Opinions are like belly buttons, everyone has one.

The main thing stopping one from buying lenses for the Hexar, for me anyway,
is I wouldn't trust them with faster lenses.

- --

Eric Welch
Carlsbad, CA
http://www.neteze.com/ewelch

Zen master to hotdog vendor. "Make me one with everything."