Subject: [Leica] re: scanner and photoshop hardware requirements
From: Godfrey DiGiorgi <ramarren@bayarea.net>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 1999 14:32:23 -0800 (PST)

I thought that Nikon made an automated 35mm loader, but it looks like it's
only for 35mm mounted slides and for APS with the appropriate adapters.

I've run PhotoShop in the minimum hardware configuration (Mac OS only). It
has its own routines for paging the image data out to disk if it can't fit
into memory. But PhotoShop is one of those programs that just works better
and better the more memory and cpu power you throw at it. Here on my
PowerBook G3/300 laptop, I usually give it 20-30MB as I only have 64MB RAM
total on this machine, but on my Power Macintosh 8600/300 at home, I run
it in a 120MB RAM space (I have 160MB RAM total on that machine). It runs
faster and more fluidly the more memory you give it.

Godfrey