Subject: [Leica] TTL flash problem
From: "LuPi" <ewppi@tin.it>
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 1999 13:49:00 +0100

Hello LUGGERS,
I'm a new entry  and I've got ready a question

I need to take some good close up photos of some small 3D objects. I tried
using my R6 with a Metz 32 CT8 in TTL with SCA adaper and an off-camera shoe
adapter. I placed the flash near to the lens but I obtained a not very nice
shadow behind the objects. So I thought to solve my problem in this way : to
use the Metz flash with the off shoe adapter in TTL mode placing it on a
side of the lens and to buy a servo-slave-cell to connect to another manual
flash with very low guide number placing it on the other side to make it
fire when the Metz will fire.
In my mind I think that in this way the small flash will give a fixed output
of light while the Metz will be controlled by the camera TTL cell to add the
necessary amount of light taking in consideration both the flashes.  Is it
true ?
Thank you for the answers.

Luca (Italy)