Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Nikon LS-2000 sample - Gary D. Whalen
From: "Gary D. Whalen" <whalen@circle.net>
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 1999 14:31:03 -0500

Look guys.

    In hindsight I do regret using the word cancer to describe Pascal's picture.
That was unnecessary and I apologize for it.  I have many times in my
approximately one year history here in the LUG read and appreciated Pascal's
matter and the unnecessary use of that subject matter to show us the quality of
the LS2000.  I do not regret my post on the image but I do regret making it public
to this group as opposed to sending it directly to Pascal.  To those of you who
defend that image I say fine.  But to those people I also say that this group, for
the most part, has been a very classy group and I was offended that the POTENTIAL
damage this picture would cause (ie openning up a whole keg of rotten worms) was
worth a very direct and honest post on my part.  I will continue to read Pascal's
posts and I only wish him the best.

Gary D. Whalen