Subject: [Leica] Re: Nikon LS-2000 sample - Gary D. Whalen
From: Jim Brick <jimbrick@photoaccess.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 1999 18:30:08 -0800

Gary D. Whalen

It is completely and totally incomprehensible to me how someone can look at
a photograph of a woman (which has been part of "art" since the cave
paining days) and "automatically" envision "sleez" or "porn" or
"corruption" or "whatever."

So when you see someone with a full beard and messy hair do you
automatically envision "homeless bum?" Does a pin striped suit, gold
chains, and Mercedes 500 with gold trim, automatically mean "drug dealer?"
Why do you have such a negative attitude?

What you have said, below, is totally preposterous. It probably puts you in
a majority of "one" on the 800+ member LUG.

This is a "world wide" group. Your naive view of -
photography/art/people/the world - puts you in an infinitesimal
minority within at least a "billion" or so people.

I suggest that if you do not want to see the fine creations of Mother
Nature, you turn off your computer, turn off the TV, lock the doors, and
hibernate forever.

Please add me to your "copy-to-trash list." I do not ever want to be known
as someone who has contributed to the alteration of your dismal thoughts.

And whatever you do, do NOT visit our esteemed Erwin Puts web pages.
Shocking as it is, Erwin uses Leica lenses to photograph women. Sometimes
they are even without clothes. Oh my god!!! Can this be true? His URL has
been posted numerous times on the LUG. His photographs are there. Perhaps
you should add Erwin to your "copy-to-trash list."

Great photograph Pascal. Keep up the good work.

Jim