Subject: [Leica] Re: Leica AF camera
From: Akhil Lal <alal@bcc.cuny.edu>
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 1999 11:34:25 -0500

Not so - even back in the 1950's outboard zoom finders
for 35 mm format having a 6 x range were freely
available.  No reason to expect less today. The trick
is, of course, to make it all fit under the M 6 top
plate.

As a last resort, although I do not believe it is
necessary, a two or three range system can be
implemented. A two range system might be, say, 15 - 75
mm in the wide range, and 40 - 200 mm in the tele range.

Note that the VF's of both the Canon 7 & the Nikon SP
offered a wider range of focal lengths, albeit no zoom
finder, than any M until the M4 P.

Regards,
Akhil Lal
alal@bcc.cuny.edu