Subject: Re: [Leica]Digital Photography(slightly OT)
From: Jeff S <4season@boulder.net>
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 1999 07:41:38 -0700

But it's not the image quality (for casual use at small print sizes)
that keeps me away from most of today's digital cameras, but the slow
speed, sometimes terrible ergonomics, high power demands and cost of the
storage cards. I think even a 1-megapixel camera, if nicely laid out by
a photographer (proper switches and dials, not those multimode
pushbuttons that always return to default settings) would be a good
addition to one's camera bag. But for now, it seems that you can save a
high-res image to film far faster than to flash RAM, and film's storage
capacity still looks really good.

Jeff

Andrew S Jordan wrote:

> Philips CCD rivals 35-mm quality
> By Peter Clarke, EE Times
> Dec 9, 1999 (9:04 AM)
>
> WASHINGTON - Digital still cameras could rival the image quality of 35-mm
> film photography within a couple of years due to a charge coupled device
[snip]
- --

Jeff
Somewhere in Boulder, Colorado