Subject: [Leica] Re: CLA locally?
From: Jeff Moore <jbm@oven.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 1999 18:30:12 -0500

1999-12-07-18:30:45 Arthur Leyenberger:
> Can anyone please recommend a good Leica repair person
> in the northern NJ (1st choice) or NYC (other choice)
> area?

The first person who pops to mind is, of course:

  Sherry Krauter
  Golden Touch Quality Camera Repair
  118 Purgatory Road
  Campbell Hall, NY  10916
  krauter@warwick.net

No, she isn't right there in your back yard.  But people who're really
good at fixing these cameras aren't in every neighborhood.

The second choice is the Leica service division, which might be closer
to you:

  Leica Camera, Inc.
  Service Department
  156 Ludlow Avenue
  Northvale, NJ  07647
  800-222-0118

> Also, I'd like to establish a relationship (business,
> that is), as I hope to buy an M6 sometime next year
> and other Leica goodies. It'd be nice to have a
> dependable, local person.

Thing is, camera fixers and camera retailers aren't usually the same
people.  Sherry sometimes ends up with some equipment to sell, but it
isn't apparently a regular thing.

 -Jeff Moore