Subject: Re: [Leica] Trip to Paris
From: Nathan Wajsman <nathan.wajsman@euronet.be>
Date: Tue, 07 Dec 1999 06:54:48 +0100

Hi JCB,

I am not French but I assume I can answer too...What you want to do is
to take the metro to the Bastille station. You will find yourself on a
large round square called Place de la Bastille. From this square emanate
several streets; one of them is called Boulevard Beaumarchais and is an
absolute paradise. Within a few hundred metres you will find several
photography shops, with a variety of second-hand equipment. The most
notable, of course, is La Maison du Leica. They have a great selection
of 2nd hand stuff, this is total drool city.

Prices on new equipment in France are generally higher than here in
Belgium or Germany, but the used things appeared quite reasonably priced
when I visited La Maison du Leica a couple of weeks ago.

Happy shopping!

Nathan

JCB wrote:

> Dear French luggers,
>
> Next week I go to Paris in hollidays, so
> could you suggest me
>
> - shops will "large" used Leica (and Linhof Technika) equipments
>
> Merci beaucoup,
>
> JCB

- --
Nathan Wajsman