Subject: [Leica] Re: Value of a lens?
From: Jim Brick <jimbrick@photoaccess.com>
Date: Mon, 06 Dec 1999 17:29:44 -0800

I'm assuming this is a 50mm ? If so, it's worth around $3XX. The fact that
it will work on an R3 means that it is a three cam lens. I believe the
11228 was a 2-cam lens therefore this one must have been converted, if it
indeed fully works on an R3. The 11228 is the old style lens requiring an
external shade (12564). Later models have a built-in shade and take E55
filters. This lens takes series 6 filters, with a 14160 retaining ring to
hold them in. It was manufactures before 1976 and after 1964.

Jim