Subject: [Leica] GR1 Anyone?
From: "C. Kurt Holter" <kurt@holterphoto.com>
Date: Mon, 06 Dec 1999 18:13:22 -0500

I'm only a short-timer on this list, and think I understand that FS ads
are to be posted on Fridays.  I hope I will not upset anyone by posting
what follows, but it's a little more than a simple ad.

While at a local (Maryland, USA) dealer today, I stumbled upon one of
the most elegant little cameras I've ever seen - a brand new Ricoh
GR1_Date, in the silver Titanium finish.  I've read a lot on photo.net
and elsewhere on the web about the high quality 28/2.8 lens on this
diminutive gem.  This camera would look small beside even a Leica, and
really has a feel of quality about it.

Ricoh has recently stopped importing 35mm film cameras into the USA, and
this was the last one on the shelf.  I bought it at a really good price
after assurances from the store that Ricoh will indeed honor the one
year warranty, etc.

This is all fine and good, except that what I REALLY ULTIMATELY want is
a Leica M6 and a 35 or a 50 Summicron.

Before I list this Ricoh GR1_Date on eBay, I thought I'd ask here if
anybody, most preferably in the USA, has any interest in a partial trade
of this brand new camera for the Leica items I've mentioned above.  The
GR1_Date is brand new and immaculate with original genuine leather(!)
case, battery, hand strap and warranty cards.  The box and manual are a
little shopworn.

Once again, I apologize if I've violated the list rules with this post.

Best,

C. Kurt Holter

kurt@holterphoto.com
http://www.holterphoto.com