Subject: [Leica] Choosing a 21mm or 24mm
From: "Dennis_Thong" <denthong@singnet.com.sg>
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 1999 00:47:33 +0800

- ------=_NextPart_000_00AF_01BF404C.A62B2200

I just got myself a M6 & 35f2 ASPH. And I am pondering to get a
24f2.8-ASPH-M or the 20f2.8-ASPH-M ???

Can anyone tell the quality of these 2 lenses, especially in their optic =
and
blow-up enlargement qualities. Is there a lot of difference? I can only
afford to buy one. Is there a lot of distortion in the 21?

I have read some lense reports from the leica link about the 24mmf2.8- =
ASPH,
it seem to be a much better lense than the 21mmf2,8-ASPH. So i had tried
putting a 24 n 20 in my nikon camera for viewing. The 24 is wider than =
the
normal wide but doesn't have much or very little distortion, unlike the =
20 it
seem too wide n when u move close to get tighter on the shot, your =
subject
become distorted. The only good point i can think of for the 21, it is =
the
perpective of your subjects.

Some advises that I got from photojournalists, get the wider lense to =
shoot
because we can always crop the picture later on when it is too wide or =
too
much empty space. However, if the picture required cropping, it will =
loss
some quality in the final prints, and i may be shooting slides...

And futhermore i use the leica M6 is for leisure n self-interest only, n
therefore I wish to get only one lense n shoot everything with it

Thanks,
Dennis

- ------=_NextPart_000_00AF_01BF404C.A62B2200

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I just got myself a M6 &amp; 35f2 ASPH. =
And I am=20
pondering to get a<BR>24f2.8-ASPH-M or the 20f2.8-ASPH-M=20
???<BR><BR>Can&nbsp;anyone tell the quality of these 2 lenses, =
especially in=20
their optic and<BR>blow-up enlargement qualities. Is there a lot of =
difference?=20
I can only<BR>afford to buy one. Is there a lot of distortion in the=20
21?<BR><BR>I have read some lense reports from the leica link about the=20
24mmf2.8- ASPH,<BR>it seem to be a much better lense than the =
21mmf2,8-ASPH. So=20
i had tried<BR>putting a 24 n 20 in my nikon camera for viewing. The 24 =
is wider=20
than the<BR>normal wide but doesn't have much or very little distortion, =
unlike=20
the 20 it<BR>seem too wide n when u move close to get tighter on the =
shot, your=20
subject<BR>become distorted. The only good point i can think of for the =
21, it=20
is the<BR>perpective of your subjects.<BR><BR>Some advises that I got =
from=20
photojournalists, get the wider lense to shoot<BR>because we can always =
crop the=20
picture later on when it is too wide or too<BR>much empty space. =
However, if the=20
picture required cropping, it will loss<BR>some quality in the final =
prints, and=20
i may be shooting slides...<BR><BR>And futhermore i use the leica M6 is =
for=20
leisure n self-interest only, n<BR>therefore I wish to get only one =
lense n=20
shoot everything with=20
it<BR><BR>Thanks,<BR>Dennis<BR><BR><BR></FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

- ------=_NextPart_000_00AF_01BF404C.A62B2200--