Subject: [Leica] M Meters
From: BOB KRAMER <BobKramer@COOPERCARRY.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 1999 09:41:54 -0500

The current thread on M6 metering has got me thinking about the quickest and
most convenient way to meter with my M3.  Actually, I have been thinking
about it for some time, and have tried various options like hand held meters
as well as the older MC Meter coupled to the camera.  The hand held metering
is accurate using my Gossen Luna-Pro, but is slow and averages a fairly
large metering area.  The coupled meter is quicker and more convenient, but
the old MC meter I have is not the most sensitive meter I have ever use, to
but it gently.

I am wondering if I should consider the newer MR-4 meters, and was hoping
some of you could share your experiences using them.  How big is the
metering area?  How do they compare to the M6 meter in terms of accuracy?
Are they significantly better than the earlier MC and MR meters?  Are there
any particular drawbacks to using them?

Thanks for your help and insights.

Bob Kramer
bobkramer@coopercarry.com