Subject: [Leica] English English
From: Mike Johnston <michaeljohnston@ameritech.net>
Date: Mon, 06 Dec 1999 08:08:34 +0000

>>>I am hoping to go to England this spring for a =
photo trip and have a couple questions about 'European' vacations for a
=
starter!  I've never been there before and want to make the right =
choice!  Would you suggest a 'tour' or would you just go "on your =

Going on your own is not impossible, as the language barrier is not
always insurmountable. Except occasionally in Scotland or the Aran
Islands. <g>

I also encountered an old sheepherder high in the Irish heaths who could
only be made to understand me if I did my most exaggerated imitation of
a thick Irish burr. In my normal American accent I might as well have
been speaking Polish at him.

- --Mike