Subject: [Leica] LUG Konica Price
From: "Rod Fleming" <rodfleming@sol.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 1999 11:59:55 -0000

Hi

Dan Khong wrote

"When the fervour settles, the real pricing kicks
in. I would not be in a hurry to get the Hexar for the time being."

Yessir, yessir. I wonder how those who rushed out to buy the just released
Nikon F5 for £2300 GBP felt two years down the line when the sticker dropped
to £1300 GBP. Japanese makers (unlike Leitz) seem to have a policy of fixing
the price high to start and then letting the market find the level it can
live with.

And another thing: My father, who was a Ford agent, and who coincidentally
gave me my first Leica, always said "Never buy the first model of anything,"
by which he referred to the practise of carrying out final product testing
on the first few thousand people who buy the new car/camera/washing machine
etc etc. Good advice.

Let the fashion victims buy up the Hexar RF, and in a year or eighteen
months, when they've moved on to something else, there will be plenty around
for us at sensible prices.

Cynical? Who, me?

Cheers

Rod