Subject: Re: [Leica] Sensuous R8
From: Martin Howard <howard.390@osu.edu>
Date: Sun, 05 Dec 1999 15:51:22 -0500

Jim Brick wrote:

> The male photographer (Leica/LUG meeting) consensus at Photokina last, was
> that holding an R8 was like holding a sensuous woman.

OK.  While the R8 is an ergonomic dream, from what I've read, this one I
just cannot let slip buy.

I haven't held an R8.  I have held my fair share of sensuous women (well,
OK, not *quite* my fair share ;)  How anyone can make the comparison
between an inanimate object in metal to a living creature, let alone a
warm, shapely female body (particularly of someone you hold dear, not just
near ;) is beyond me.

I don't care how damn fantastic the R8 is.  Holding it is going to be
NOWHERE NEAR holding another human being.

This group looses its perspective on things on occasion.

M.

- --
Martin Howard                     |
Visiting Scholar, CSEL, OSU       |    What boots up must come down.
email: howard.390@osu.edu         |