Subject: [Leica] What the heck
From: Frank Dernie <FrankDernie@compuserve.com>
Date: Sun, 5 Dec 1999 05:50:52 -0500

Mike Johnston wrote

"I don't know. I'm just wondering. I wonder why an "all-new" Leica SLR
would not look more like the Aria than like the R8. I'm not trying to be
contentious here--this genuinely and sincerely puzzles me, and it has
ever since I first saw the R8."

I could not agree more on size, weight and the principle of small
"miniature" cameras. HOWEVER to use an R8 is to fall in love. I hate the
looks, weight and, to an extent, size of the thing but it is mechanical and
ergonomic perfection. (Like a M5 :()

Cheers Frank