Subject: Re: [Leica] Technique: Using the 24mm
From: Johnny Deadman <deadman@jukebox.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 05 Dec 1999 09:33:53 +0000

on 5/12/99 1:14 am, Mark Rabiner at mrabiner@concentric.net wrote:

> "Roger L. Bunting" wrote:
>> <Snip>
>> Does anyone care to share those situations where this lens really speaks
>> to them? I feel like I need a course 101 in 24mm.

I used a 24 as a standard lens for three years... I dunno what to say,
really, except that I found 'composing from the edge' to be a key. In other
words, arrange the key parts of the world around the edges of the frame and
let the centre take care of itself. This way you avoid the distancing
aspect, and get nicely complicated picures.

Some examples of what I'm talking about at:

    www.cinematic.freeserve.co.uk/Pages/midperfectblue.html

Now if only shooting with a 20 were so simple...

- --
Johnny Deadman

"The only impeccable writers are those that never wrote" - Hazlitt