Subject: Re: [Leica] 50mm F2 Dual Range Summicron
From: Gary Elshaw <gary.elshaw@vuw.ac.nz>
Date: Sun, 5 Dec 1999 21:45:49 +1300

Hi Marc,

Finding used Leica equipment is really difficult here in New Zealand.
I mean REALLY difficult. As far as i know, any camera shows that
might be happening here must be either attended to after dark, or by
invitation only. Being the social pariah that i am, my invite must
have got lost in the mail. I had to get the ITDOO from out of town,
and the Schneider cap fits over the front of the hood when it's
mounted for shooting. I never knew about the 14033, but if i ever see
a 14033, you can bet i'll grab it!

Cheers,
Gary

At 9:58 PM -0800 4/12/99, Marc wrote:
>Date: Sat, 04 Dec 1999 22:11:13 -0500
>From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
>Subject: Re: [Leica] 50mm F2 Dual Range Summicron
>
>At 11:46 AM 12/5/1999 +1300, Gary Elshaw wrote:
>  >
>  >I have both, and the ITDOO won out when i found an old Schneider lens
>  >cap that fits over the top of the hood; but the barn door is great
>  >for travel.
>  >

>Gary
>
>I don't follow.  Why not use a Leica 14033 lens cap?  You can normally pick
>one up for a buck or two at a camera show.  The 14033 is notched to fit
>over the ITDOO and its successors when they are reversed over the lens.
>
>Marc
>
>msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
>Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!

"The difficulty now is that unexceptional adults believe the loss of
youthful dreaming is itself "growing up," as though adulthood were
the passive conclusion to a doomed activity and hope during
adolescence."

OO             The Uses of Disorder
[_]<|          Personal Identity and City Life -- Richard Sennett
  /|\
Gary Elshaw
Post-Grad Film Student
Victoria University