Subject: Re: [Leica] Makro 100/4
From: Mikiro <arbos@silva.net>
Date: Sun, 5 Dec 1999 09:36:26 +0100

At 10:12 PM +0100 4/12/99, Martin Howard wrote:
snip
>But my point is that by paying attention to the
>direction and quality of light, it should be possible to take perfectly
>acceptible portraits even with a lens capable of such resolving power as
>the 100mm APO.
snip

Martin, I am sure it is.  My point is that even with those tips, a Summicron
35mm asph and a currernt Summicron 50mm, for example, are not substitutes
for a Summaron and a Summitar, respectively, at least in my portraits.  IMO
it is also the case with the 100/4 and 100/2.8.  BTW, I happily acquired the
lens yesterday.  I wish I could afford to get a 100/2.8 and enjoy the two
lenses with distinct image characters.

Mikiro
http://arbos.silva.net