Subject: [Leica] Technique: Using the 24mm
From: "Roger L. Bunting" <rlbunting@ameritech.net>
Date: Sat, 04 Dec 1999 16:31:07 -0600

I consistently use a 35mm and 50mm lenses on my M bodies. The 50mm now
seems more like a tele as the type of pictures I'm making is shifting
more to close working distances. I have this stupifying relationship
with a 24mm lens. I use one on a SLR and have been about ready to buy
one for my M6/M3 for several years then balk. Some of my 24mm pictures
really are to my liking. (I like it on the street and for travel) But
recently, when I put the lens on the camera and decide I really want to
concentrate on using that lens, my "vision" goes all to pot.

Does anyone care to share those situations where this lens really speaks
to them? I feel like I need a course 101 in 24mm. I used one over
Thanksgiving around a bunch of camera shy relatives, nothing - no stolen
moments, just empty - perhaps the working distance was just too close.
Results were much better with the 35mm where the people seemed to relax
more. Anyway, any input is welcome.

Thanks
Roger