Subject: [Leica] Pros and cons
From: Mike Johnston <michaeljohnston@ameritech.net>
Date: Sat, 04 Dec 1999 11:52:32 +0000

>>>So now "commercial pro" is a pejorative?
So saying the M6 is not a "commercial pro" camera that would be a
compliment?<<<

A commercial pro, to me, is someone who shoots pictures for
advertisements (mainly) on commission from an advertising agency or
other client.

Almost none of it is art or has the possibility of being art. Some
commercial fashion advertising work might be an exception--to some
people. Seldomly to me.

Tina's work is art. It also happens to be photojournalism or editorial
assignment photography; that's neither here nor there to me. But it's
not commercial professional work, no.

That's all I was saying. You can take offense if you wish, but there's
no need. "The mansion of photography has many rooms."

- --Mike