Subject: RE: [Leica] details on HCB pix auctioned in Berlin
From: Christer Almqvist <christer@almqvist.net>
Date: Sat, 4 Dec 1999 15:30:08 +0100

>Why anyone would give anything for these prints is beyond me, yet
>apparently they do.  I guess collectors are the same whether it concerns
>Leica MPs or HCB prints.

As I said in the first message, they HCBprints were lousy and I do not know
why anybody wanted them

At the auction there was a young guy sitting in the row just in front of me
and he often started the bidding but he bid only on prints of less know
photographers, and if there were  more bidders he just stopped. He got a
handful of plainly beautiful prints, and all at less than a thousand marks
each. I think his collection is probably much more interesting than a big
name collections. I can kick myself for not having exchanged addresses with
him. If it had been a camera auction I guess he would have bought
user-Leicas instead of mint condition ones.