Subject: RE: [Leica] Duck l'rougedot
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 1999 11:05:19 -0000

 Does that make my photography "limited"?
> Perhaps, but that is
> what I'm most comfortable with and know the best.
>
> Rick
Why is it that in virtually every other field of endeavor, particularly
artistic endeavor, we accept the fact that people are "limited" - good at
certain things but not at others. But in photography there is some sort of
assumption that a photographer is a photographer is a photographer.

Is Jim Marshall "limited" by using only Leica Ms?

Is Salgado "limited" by using an M, an R, and just a handful of lenses?

Was Ansel Adams "limited" because he almost exclusively shot landscapes and
did that almost exclusively with large format cameras?

Etc. etc. etc. I would argue that if a photographer does a particular form
of photography better than most of his peers, he or she will succeed
professionally - using what ever equipment he or she is comfortable using.