Subject: [Leica] A root thought
From: Mike Johnston <michaeljohnston@ameritech.net>
Date: Fri, 03 Dec 1999 08:35:16 +0000

>>>More lens choices! I agree with Nathan - and as I opined in a
previous
note, I don't believe anyone can really determine which lens is going to

make it for you.<<<

Worrying about whether to go with a 21 or 24, or a 28 or 35, is just
another way to distract ourselves.

This may be a bit more radical, but I believe that it doesn't really
MATTER what lens you choose as long as you're in the ballpark for the
way you see. If Ralph Gibson uses a 90mm most of the time, you could
force him to use a 75mm and he'd still make great pictures. If Lee
Friedlander prefers a 28mm, he could still find a way to do interesting
things if he were "stuck" with a 24mm.

Just pick one and learn it. You'll get used to it. When you do, it will
become what you prefer. <s>

- --Mike