Subject: Re: [Leica] Digimarc
From: Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net>
Date: Thu, 02 Dec 1999 11:47:54 -0500

At 11:07 AM 12/2/99 -0500, you wrote:
>I have been using Corel Photo-Paint to tidy up some photos and resampling in
>JPEG for viewing on the web. There is a watermark procedure by Digimarc that
>is bundled with the Photo-Paint software. Is putting watermarks on photos a
>good idea? Has anybody else done this? Has anybody ever received feedback
>via watermarks?
>
>Cheers, Dave Fisher
>Waterloo, Ontario
>tekapo@golden.net

Dave -

Digimark seems to be pretty worthless for preventing unauthorized use of
the photo.  Anybody with any computer skills can remove the watermark.  For
identification purposes only, it would work.  I have a registration number
with Digimark but have never received any feedback from any photos.  They
also sell a service called the Marc Spider which will search the WWW for
any of your digimarked photos but it is extremely expensive.

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP
http://www.tinamanley.com