Subject: Re: [Leica] Old news, good news
From: MicroGrid@aol.com
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 1999 22:34:03 EST

If you really want to call lenses names, my 135 tele-elmarit w/eyes really
qualifies for wart hog status. I like the lens but do have my eyes on a new
135. That lens doesn't get much discussion in this group. What do some of you
think of it?
Bruce Bowman
Killingworth CT

In a message dated 12/1/99 10:43:30 PM GMT Standard Time, howard.390@osu.edu
writes:
 Emanuel Lowi wrote:

 > For a fast tele, the APO ASPH does not seem oversized, especially when
 > one recalls the 90/2 M lenses of yore, which were absolute wart hogs!

 Hey, hey, hey!!  Easy there!  You're talking about one of my absolute, top
 favorites lenses there!  I have the old, black, removable lens-head 90mm
 Summicrons and I absolutely adore it.  Wouldn't switch it for anything,
 regardless of what cryptic achronym resided on the barrel. ;)

 "Wart hog" it ain't!  Maybe a triceratops, but certainly no wart hog! ;)

 M.