Subject: [Leica] AA - the real one
From: "Mueller, Rob" <rob.mueller@eds.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 1999 09:43:12 -0500

To help conclude a recent thread, I asked John Sexton (actually, I was
emailing him about a different subject and I added the question) about what
AA printed and what he didn't. For Eric, you were correct in your assumption
that AA did not print everything. But in John's words: "re: Ansel having
assistants print for him.  I, like others that served as Ansel's assistants
over the years, printed from Ansel's negatives.  These may have been work
prints or reproduction prints.  However, Ansel's exhibtion quality "fine
prints" were printed by AA himself.  He worked in the darkroom until a
couple of months prior to his death." This is not intended to start the AA
thread again, but merely to supply additional info.
Rob Mueller
Studies in Black and White
www.studiesinblackandwhite.com
rob@studiesinblackandwhite.com