Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: (Leica) Lens caps Keeping them: Prices
From: Ruralmopics@aol.com
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 1999 09:05:49 EST

In a message dated 11/29/99 10:53:37 PM, jbcollier@home.com writes:

>I am afraid that there is a very good reason why Leica charges so much
>for a
>lens cap. Limited production. I bet the total leica world wide yearly sales
>of rear lens caps would not match one busy New York camera store's sales
>of
>C**** rear caps.

I'm told there are some aftermarket caps available in Leica M mount that are
perfectly fine and sell for about $10. Do you suppose they've tapped into
some vast but hidden market for M caps? No, I suspect limited production is
only PART of the problem. Any way you look at it, it is an offense to have to
pay $30-$40 for a cap. Of course, as with all things Leica, the solution for
us bottom feeders is to buy used . . .

Bob (psst! . . . Hey bud? Ya got any lens caps) McEowen