Subject: RE: [Leica] lens caps - keeping them
From: Paul Chefurka <Paul_Chefurka@pmc-sierra.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 1999 09:30:26 -0800

Yup, it's cheaper.  But it doesn't have a central barrier in it, so isn't
usable on its own as protective cap.  I don't use these gizmos to couple
lenses, just as a way to speed up lens changes while protecting the rear
element.

Plus, it never ceases to amaze me that people will shell out willingly for
the cameras and lenses, then look to things like caps and filters to cut
their costs.  So my gizmo costs a few bucks more than a coupler.  Even if it
did exactly the same things as a coupler, and no more, what's an extra $20
in the Leica scheme of things?

Paul Chefurka