Subject: [Leica] Re: on color
From: "Roy Feldman" <royfel@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 1999 04:25:35 PST

Eric wrote:>We're supposed to listen to a guy who never had a chance to
really shoot
color with the materials we have today? How about Sam Abell, or Bill
Allard, or Alex Webb, or Eli Reed, or Jodi Cobb, or Ernst Haas, or Jim
Stanfield, or Cole Weston, or Jim Brandenburg, or any other photographer
who has proven Walker Evans wrong with their work?<
The funny thing is, I excerpeted the Evans quote from the latest book by Wm.
Eggleston, the only color photographer to have a one man show at MOMA and
author of 5 major photography books and reciepient of the (1998) Hasselblad
Award (a camera he doesn't use). Eggleston contends that he follows Evans
instructions to the letter.