Subject: Re: [Leica] Weight of the "huge" lens
From: BradFarr@aol.com
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 1999 13:20:08 EST

In a message dated 11/28/99 9:50:28 AM, michaeljohnston@ameritech.net writes:

>the Leica catalog gives the weight of the black version
>of the 35mm f/1.4 ASPH-M lens at 250 grams. Is this correct?

My general catalog lists the weight of the black lens (11 874) at 250g, and
silver lens (11 883) at 415g.
However, the M brochure lists the weight of the black lens (11 874) at 310g,
and the silver lens (11 883) at 415g.
Shall we guess which is more accurate?
As an aside, why are the silver chrome models so much heavier? I wouldn't
think the difference would be that great.
Brad