Subject: [Leica] "New Leica Look"
From: FIGLIO4CAP@aol.com
Date: Sat, 27 Nov 1999 20:10:46 EST

Erwin Puts talks about the look of the new lenses and I have been somewaht
skeptical having been a Leica user and owner of a good many of both M and R
lenses since 1969.
However, after two weeks experience with the 35mm, 1.4 ASPH M lens, I am
forced to say that this "new look" is the look I like! I cannot see any loss
of anything compared to what I have been used to - color saturation and
purity of the dark tones in shadow areas are startling as are the crisp,
sharp edges and overall high resolution  at all apertures. Especially notable
is the lack of flare and ghosting.
I am blown away with this lens!

I am in Chicago visiting my daughter for the holiday. Last evening we went to
the German festival downtown. The photos taken on the street and in the beer
hall are just gorgeous with full, rich colors and black blacks (something
like high end audio reproduction).

I know this may be old stuff to many of you, but as good as the old lenses
are, and I have about 20 of them, this new 35 is of a different order of perfo
rmance magnitude.
Bob Figlio