Subject: Re: [Leica] Pleasing flower pictures?!?
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@neteze.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Nov 1999 12:32:43 -0800

At 10:29 AM 11/27/1999 +0000, Mike Johnston wrote:
>As an academic
>exercise, I used to make my students take a stock photography catalog
>and try to find three good pictures in it. It's completely surprising to
>them how difficult a task this is!

Oh Mike, this is so true. As a photo editor who now buys stock photography
on a regular basis, I'm dismayed at the utter banality of what's out there.
How many times with these idiot photographers take an ultrawide lens, get
up on a step ladder and have some cheap model mug funny faces at the
camera? Big head, tiny feet. Ugh!

I can see why there are lots of advertising photographers and commercial
photographers still working, the stock stuff is crap.

There are exceptions...

Eric Welch
Carlsbad, CA

http://www.neteze.com/ewelch

Those who judge others will burn in Hell!