Subject: [Leica] Re: visionism
From: Mike Johnston <michaeljohnston@ameritech.net>
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 1999 19:11:21 +0000

Bill E.: >>>I believe that it is important to remember that in
WWII atrocities , large and small, were committed by
both sides.  But, since history is written by the
victor, we in the US only hear about those committed
by the other side.<<<

Jean-CLaude B.: >>>Don't ever come in France or else you will be
arrested (and, for once, I would applause the policemen doing it).
Revisionism is a crime here, hassole.<<<

Bob McE.: >>>I find the whole journalism as sacred institution above
common courtesy schtick to be condescending, arrogant and basically just
load of crap.  No matter how in-depth we try to be, we are just people
who
swoop into people's lives for a moment or two and then regurgitate our
initial impressions for all the world to see. In the process we can do
as
much damage as we can good<<<

This seems to be Revisionism Week. I wish I were in France....

- --Mike