Subject: Re: [Leica] Help With Minilux
From: "R. Saylor" <rlsaylor@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 1999 19:30:59 -0500

Bud Cook wrote:

> If anyone has an opportunity to look inside their Minilux and can tell me
> something about this clip, I would appreciate it.  Otherwise, I'll have to
> send it off to Leica.

Damn! I just stuck in a new roll of RG100. Something went wrong
with the lens cover mechanism on mine. Ms. Olesin gave me an
estimate of turnaround time--3 weeks. I sent it off and got it back
exactly 21 days from the date they received it.

> P.S. I knew I should have bought my wife an M6:-(

Nope. There's nothing like a practically perfect automatic camera
such as the Minilux. If it didn't exist, I would have to have a Contax
G. When I get stressed, I'm all thumbs, left-handed thumbs at that.
It's like when I played amateur soccer (football). I normally played
midfield but occasionally had to play forward. Whenever I got a
chance to score, I would momentarily freeze up, then kick wide or
else half-ass kick it, and the keeper would scoop it right up. I'm like
that with the M6 when I'm in a rush, but there's always the trusty
Minilux to save the day.

Richard